GENERAL INFORMATION: ZOOM is a remote conferencing tool for online advising appointments.
How to prepare for a ZOOM appointment:
• Make sure you have a reliable Internet connection.
• All ZOOM appointments require a web camera and microphone.
• Prior to your meeting, open ZOOM to alleviate technical difficulty. You can access a “How to Video” on our FAQ page.
• Select a quiet and secluded location with a neutral wall or backdrop. Utilize headphones if other individuals could be within listening proximity. This will limit distractions and maintain the professional setting.
• Prior to starting, adjust your camera to an appropriate angle and test your microphone. This will alleviate any unwanted or unanticipated delays in your advising appointment.
Etiquette for a ZOOM appointment:
• ZOOM advising appointments should be treated with the same professionalism as an in person advising appointment.
• Dress as if you are meeting your advisor in person. Full clothing is required.
• During your appointment, do not leave the camera window or walk around. You should remain engaged throughout the online advising session.
• Do not speak with individuals around you not participating in the advising appointment. Outside conversations distract from the appointment and violate FERPA guidelines.
• FERPA guidelines require written permission for additional parties to participate in an advising appointment through the Bobcat Family Portal. If you would like to grant another individual access to the appointment, please complete the electronic FERPA waiver on the Office of the University Registrar's website.
*Failure to adhere to the ZOOM guidelines listed above will result in termination of the advising session.