Skip to Content

Declaring/Changing a Major or Minor

Declaring a Major

Students can change their minor without meeting with an advisor by completing the Change of Minor Request Form.

Majors in the College of Fine Arts and Communication may declare a minor with your CFAC advisor.

Majors in other colleges must declare a minor with an advisor in the college of their major.

Pre-Major Status

Various majors within the CFAC have specific requirements which must be met to attain full-major status. Students should discuss these requirements with your advisor. Full-major requirements may include, but are not limited to, GPA, course work, and auditions.

Pre-major status may prevent you from registering for restricted courses and students may be blocked from registration until they meet with an advisor.
(Does not apply to Pre-Music majors).

**Failure to attain full-major status in a timely fashion may prolong your expected graduation date.